Wednesday, February 4, 2009

There comes a time in the life of every New Yorker where she has to face the inevitable...

A mouse.

In her apartment.

Crawling around in her trash, her food, her oven, God knows what.

That particular New Yorker has to travel to South Bend this weekend and will be gone until late Sunday night. She is more than slightly terrified that she'll come home to a whole slew of mice in every corner of every single room.

It's nights like this where that New Yorker wants nothing more than to move back to St Louis, where mice don't care so much for the suburbs where she lives, with her car and dishwasher.

So much for doing my Bible reading.
Or sleeping, for that matter.

Can I be invested already so I can get the hell out of here?

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

OH NO!!! That is my worst fear. Except for hundreds of tiny white spiders crawling all over the walls....oh wait, that happened to me last year in Jerusalem. Nevermind then. Mice suck.

Anonymous said...

Look at you, already calling yourself a New Yorker! Btw, I tried Honeycrisp apples, or whatever you called them, on your recommendation and they were good. At $2.99/lb, I cheated a little in the self-checkout lane and categorized them as Jonagold's, so I only paid $1. HA!

Anonymous said...

Did you try banging around the apartment this morning to scare them away? Ugh. It gives me goosebumps. I can't remember how many we caught in DC. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

The RDLr said...

Well, as long as you aren't like my upstairs neighbor senior year and feed the mice, I think you're okay.