Saturday, June 5, 2010

In Loving Memory of John Joe Kuriger, Senior

John, thank you for being my first accompanist and providing Temple Israel with such beautiful music for so many years. Thank you for giving me strength in the scary moments in life and on the bimah. Thank you for always making me laugh and crying with me when I needed to cry. Thank you for your constant love and support, for your jokes and your brutal honesty, and for being such a special person in my life.

While I haven't quite figured out how to forgive God for taking you away so soon, I know for sure that I am blessed to have known and loved you. I will love and miss you always. May your memory always be for a blessing.

John Kuriger, me, and Cantor Linda Blumenthal after my Junior Recital at the University of Missouri, April 2004.

I'm forever sorry that I didn't get to say goodbye, and even more sorry that I never told you how much I loved you. I hope you know that now.

No comments: