Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I don't exactly know why, but I've been feeling pulled back to this space as of late.  So much has changed since my last post over 18 months ago, in ways good, great, and huge, and I've been missing this outlet I once used regularly to help make sense of the happenings in my life.

Since September 11, 2011, I have: Finished school.  Accepted a position as Cantor at a congregation in Nashville, TN.  Said goodbye to my student life in NYC and hello to my professional life in Nashville.  Found an apartment free of rodents and ridiculous rent, with a gym, swimming pools, and loads of glorious space (not to mention a DISHWASHER and WASHER AND DRYER!!!).  Entered a new decade.  Fell in love with a wonderful man, happily allowed him to move into my apartment, and even more happily agreed to marry him.  Begun to figure out the intricacies of being a clergy person and working in a professional environment.  Transitioned in more ways than I could ever imagine in the space of 18 months.

Lots of change, indeed.  All of it good and exactly as it should be, but not without challenges and my fair share of struggle.  As I reflect upon the past year, I've had to wrestle as I attempt to figure out who the hell I'm meant to be in many aspects of my life, once again.  Perhaps it's this inner fight that's bringing me back to this place that, even 18 months later, still feels like the one constant home I've had all along the journey of the last 6 years of my life.

Who knows how often I'll post, if ever again.  But for now, I can say with absolute certainty that I'm glad to be home.  And I hope to take my coat off and stay awhile.




No comments: