Thursday, December 18, 2008

V'Shamru

I wanted to share a recording of one of my pieces from my Shabbat Reform Workshop final this morning. It's a setting of V'Shamru by Maurice Goldman (even though the beginning is cut off...)

I haven't been good with keeping up with the blog as of late, I know...but I'm hoping this recording makes up for it. I'm very proud of this piece; not only is it very difficult to sing, but I've worked tirelessly with it to make it the best it can be. Though it's not perfect, I'm very happy with how this turned out. It was one of those moments where everything just clicked into place, and I knew with my entire being that I was doing exactly the right thing at exactly the right time.

Enjoy...the next time I blog will be from St Louis!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

you're not answering your skype so i'll just tell you here...THAT WAS GORGEOUS! and having known you this year and last year, i can tell that your voice is changing and developing. so pretty trace! mazel tov!!!

love,
s

Unknown said...

Here, Here! I agree whole heartedly with Steph! Wow, that was amazing Trace! We miss you so much, and are so glad and happy for you that you are doing so well. Happy Hanukkah my friend!